Monday, September 18, 2017

Health-related Exercise

I fee that all my exercises went well, and gave me a good set of end resuts. My stamina stayed the same, my reaction time worsened, along with my power, however my coordination and agility improved. Evaluation Planning Make comments to explain the statements/questions in the first column (max 6 marks) Refer to your pre-test score(s) for any fitness test(s). My pre-test scores were quite good, and they gave me and indication as to what the exercises I thought up were actually like. I think that if I push myself I will be able to improve them.

Was the programme at the right level for you? I think the programme is about the right level for me, however some of the exercises could be a bit easy. This will mean I will have to work extra hard at the exercises in order for my results to improve. Were the exercises in the correct order? Explain why/why not. I think that the exercises were in the right order, because in between doing more intense exercises such as sprinting, and long distance running, I will do a few low intensity exercises such as my test for reaction time to give myself a rest, while still doing my training programme.

Explain how you applied the principles of progression/overload. I will apply the principals of overload and progression in all of my exercises. I will increase the frequency, make the exercises more intense, and do the exercises for longer periods of time, because if make them harder, and they will take me longer. Although I won't be changing the types of exercise. I will keep them the same.

Were the exercises/ activities the correct ones to choose? Explain why/why not. I think that the exercises that I picked were the correct ones to do because when I was doing them I thought that that they were helping to improve certain aspects of hockey. However I think that reaction time wasn't really relevant to hockey, because when paying hockey, you don't touch coloured cones on the floor. Performing Make comments to explain the statements/questions in the first column

Explain how you applied the principles of progression/overload. I used the principals of overload and progression in the exercise for agility by making the cones closer together, and at tighter angles. This meant that I had to shift my weight, go round the cone, and accelerate faster out of the turn. Doing this helped me to become more agile. Were the exercises/ activities the correct ones to choose? Explain why/why not.

I think that the exercises that I picked were the correct ones to do because when I was doing them I thought that that they were helping to improve certain aspects of hockey. For example, my agility and coordination improved, this could mean my stick control has improved, meaning these were the right exercises to choose. Was the programme easy to manage (set up, do, record progress etc)? I made this programme easy for myself by using simple measurements such as paces, and footsteps to measure the distances between cones. This helped me set up quickly and easily. It was easy to record my results because I made a clear table before I started my training programme, and simply filled in my results as I went along.

Were the exercises in the correct order? Explain why/why not. I think my exercises were in the right order because after doing my endurance run, I did some low intensity exercises such as the reaction time test, and coordination before the more intense exerc ses like the sprint, and agility. This gave me ample time for a rest, while still doing my training programme. Did you enjoy it and work to your limit? How do you know? I enjoyed the training programme. I thought it was fun to do, and I think I worked reasonably hard because some of my results improved.

Monitoring Make comments to explain the statements/questions in the first column (max 6 marks) Were the exercises/ activities the correct ones to choose? Explain why/why not. Most of my activities and exercises were the correct ones to choose. The power, stamina, coordination, and agility test were all easy to carry out, and monitor. However the reaction time wasn't easy to carry out because you needed one person to time, and call out the colour of the cones, another person to count, and a someone to do the test, and there was only two people to do all that. 

Were the exercises in the correct order? Explain why/why not. I think my exercises were in the right order because after doing my endurance run, I did some low intensity exercises such as the reaction time test, and coordination before the more intense exercises like the sprint, and agility. This gave me ample time for a rest, while still doing my training programme at my max.

No comments:

Post a Comment